Made from the finest wheat our sooji/rawa is double roasted to give a longer shelf life and rich granules of rawa is packed in a hygienic environment. Sooji is used to make the popular Uppuma, Kesari and rava laddu. Use Visalakshi Rawa for your daily needs .
To Make Rava SeedaiIngredients:
|Visalakshi Sooji/Rava||-||1/2 cups|
|Coconut (scrapped)||-||1 tbsp(optional)|
|Sesame seeds||-||1/2 tbsp (black or white)|
|Oil||-||for deep frying|
- Powder the rava and pottukadalai in a mixer. You can even powder the pottukadalai alone finely.
- Dry roast the coconut and sesame seeds separately till golden brown
- Add butter, salt and the roasted coconut, sesame seeds and the ground rava and pottukadalai
- Knead the dough into a soft pliable dough. This will take very less water 1 to 2 tblsp
- Cover this and keep it aside for 45 minutes
- After that make small balls out of this and allow this to dry in at kitchen towel or a while cloth for 10 minutes
- Heat the oil for deep frying. Carefully drop this in oil and deep fry in a low flame till nice golden colour
- Drain this in a kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil